September 1, 2022
Winter is notorious for sneaking up on us, and as a result, many homeowners don’t give too much thought to the maintenance, cleaning, and winterization needs of their furnace. This can result in problems that are easily preventable, ranging from odd smells, strange noises, and poor performance, to an all-out failure of your home’s heating system. Fortunately, there are a number of simple ways to ensure that your furnace is in tip-top condition before the long stretch of winter cold settles in.
At AV Enterprises Heating and Cooling, we’re committed to providing homeowners in the Rochester, NY area with the information and resources needed to ensure that their heating system is ready to handle even the most extreme bouts of cold weather. Here are just a few of the things you can do to prepare and protect your furnace each winter:
- Be sure to change your furnace filter before using it during the cold season
- Visually inspect exterior components to ensure that everything is secure
- Make sure that the heating vents throughout your home are unobstructed
- Remove any dust or debris that may have collected on your furnace’s burners
- Don’t forget to change your thermostat setting to HEAT before its first use
- Upon first using your furnace, be mindful of any unfamiliar odors or noises
- Have your home’s furnace inspected annually by a qualified HVAC professional
Few things are as stressful as dealing with a broken furnace during the middle of a frigid winter cold spell. By taking a few simple actions during the fall, you’ll be in a much better position once the temperature starts to drop. For those who would rather have an expert handle the task, AV Heating and Cooling offers professional furnace inspections, cleanings, and tune-ups on all types of home heating systems.
AV Enterprises Heating and Cooling is based in Webster, NY and proudly serves the needs of homeowners throughout Rochester and greater Monroe County. We can be reached by phone at 585-202-8587 or write to us via email by visiting our website’s contact page.